Hello everyone! 🙂
As mentioned in my post earlier, i will be posting reviews for 5 products that i have been trying and testing for a (long) while now.
First out of 5; let me introduce the calming and balancing foam cleanser by COSRX, the Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser
Let’s take a look at the official blurbs:
What does “COSRX” stands for?
COSRX – The new cosmetic standard (Korean):
Their promise (philosophy too?):
You know what caught my eyes from the very beginning? …….yes, the brand definition!
| Cosmetic + Prescription (Rx) |
By blending the best of both worlds together, you get something that is equal part targeted and effective!
Alright, here is the blurb of the cleanser i purchased:
I realized both Wishtrend and Jolse did not really tackle the individual benefits of Cellulose Gum and Wintergreen extract (Gaultheria Procumbens) so i took the liberty and did a little research so that you guys can have a brief idea of what and why they are included.
- Cellulose Gum: Cellulose is a naturally occurring component found in the cell walls of plants. Cellulose gum on the other hand, is a modified cellulose polymer. This modified cellulose polymer is safe for cosmetic use, especially in cases where synthetic gel formulations are not preferred, for a myriad of functions such as skin conditioning, emulsion stabilizer and thickener. Cellulose gum has been deemed safe by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Panel (source 1, source 2, source 3, source 4)
- Wintergreen (Gaultheria Procumbens) extract: A herb with multiple skin care benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and astringenic. The Salicylic acid and methyl salicylate found in Wintergreen also prove to be a nature’s pain reliever in some research (source 1, source 2, source 3)
Other ingredients that stands out for me:
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) Leaf Oil: Tea Tree Oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and promotes acne healing (source).
- Black Willow (Salix Nigra) Bark extract: The Black Willow contains very high levels of salicylates and tannins that has astringency and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, the natural salicylates enhance skin cells renewal naturally. The extract of Black Willows are sometimes used in anti-aging products as it has balancing and toning benefits (source)
Alright! With those wordy stuff out of the way, now for the review!
I purchased the COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser together with two other products from Wishtrend and it arrived just 9 days after i placed my order.
Here is my experience with the cleanser:
Roaring view for [COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser]:
|Product’s packaging||:||White squeeze tube with a sturdy flip-open black cap|
|Product’s texture||:||Dense, creamy texture with a pearlized-sheen|
|Product’s scent||:||Smells of tea tree oil|
|Price point||:||USD$7.60 (total shipping cost to Singapore for 3 items is USD$8)|
|Wishtrend, Roseroseshop, Jolse, Amazon, eBay, TesterKorea, Qoo10 SG|
|Try-out period||:||11 weeks (twice a day; morning and night)|
|Personal take||:||I love the scent of tea tree in this foam cleanser. It lathers up very nicely and skin feels clean after use. However, i believe, due to its AHA and anti-acne nature, this foam cleanser can dry your skin out. Mine feels dry if i do not slather on my moisturizer immediately.
Now you may be thinking. “if your skin feels dry, how can you say it feels calming?”
I believe that is because of the Cellulose gum and Wintergreen extract. My skin did feels dry but my face doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t feels like it is cracking – it just feels dry only. Anyway, i didn’t want to stick around further to test the theory so i quickly reached for my moisturizer.
The foam cleanser did not effectively prevented new pimples from popping out. Trust me, i know. But it did a good job at keeping blackheads and congested pores at bay. Even if it did not effectively prevented new pimples from popping out, i have to say it does, however, accelerate the healing of these pimples. Remember my test with the Leaders Clinic Mediu Amino AC-Free Mask and Mamonde Lotus Micro Mud Mask? I am certain this foam cleanser do contribute to the results i see.
|Will i recommend it?||:||Yes, I love it! My sensitive skin loved it albeit the dryness.|
To this, Buddy says:
So to reiterate, i will be posting reviews for a series of products i have been testing and these includes:
COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser👌done!
- COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- D’Ran Wonder Tea Tree Oil
- Rosehip Plus Nourishing Night Cream
- Nature Republic Lemon Foot & Nature Peeling Foot Mask