Hello everyone! 🙂
As mentioned in my post earlier, i will be posting reviews for 5 products that i have been trying and testing for a (long) while now.
First out of 5; let me introduce the calming and balancing foam cleanser by COSRX, the Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser
Let’s take a look at the official blurbs:
What does “COSRX” stands for?
COSRX – The new cosmetic standard (Korean):
Their promise (philosophy too?):
You know what caught my eyes from the very beginning? …….yes, the brand definition!
| Cosmetic + Prescription (Rx) |
By blending the best of both worlds together, you get something that is equal part targeted and effective!
Alright, here is the blurb of the cleanser i purchased:
I realized both Wishtrend and Jolse did not really tackle the individual benefits of Cellulose Gum and Wintergreen extract (Gaultheria Procumbens) so i took the liberty and did a little research so that you guys can have a brief idea of what and why they are included.
- Cellulose Gum: Cellulose is a naturally occurring component found in the cell walls of plants. Cellulose gum on the other hand, is a modified cellulose polymer. This modified cellulose polymer is safe for cosmetic use, especially in cases where synthetic gel formulations are not preferred, for a myriad of functions such as skin conditioning, emulsion stabilizer and thickener. Cellulose gum has been deemed safe by the Cosmetic Ingredient Review Panel (source 1, source 2, source 3, source 4)
- Wintergreen (Gaultheria Procumbens) extract: A herb with multiple skin care benefits. It is anti-inflammatory, antiseptic and astringenic. The Salicylic acid and methyl salicylate found in Wintergreen also prove to be a nature’s pain reliever in some research (source 1, source 2, source 3)
Other ingredients that stands out for me:
- Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia) Leaf Oil: Tea Tree Oil has antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and promotes acne healing (source).
- Black Willow (Salix Nigra) Bark extract: The Black Willow contains very high levels of salicylates and tannins that has astringency and anti-inflammatory properties. Furthermore, the natural salicylates enhance skin cells renewal naturally. The extract of Black Willows are sometimes used in anti-aging products as it has balancing and toning benefits (source)
Alright! With those wordy stuff out of the way, now for the review!
I purchased the COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser together with two other products from Wishtrend and it arrived just 9 days after i placed my order.
Here is my experience with the cleanser:
Roaring view for [COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser]:
|Product’s packaging||:||White squeeze tube with a sturdy flip-open black cap|
|Product’s texture||:||Dense, creamy texture with a pearlized-sheen|
|Product’s scent||:||Smells of tea tree oil|
|Price point||:||USD$7.60 (total shipping cost to Singapore for 3 items is USD$8)|
|Wishtrend, Roseroseshop, Jolse, Amazon, eBay, TesterKorea, Qoo10 SG|
|Try-out period||:||11 weeks (twice a day; morning and night)|
|Personal take||:||I love the scent of tea tree in this foam cleanser. It lathers up very nicely and skin feels clean after use. However, i believe, due to its AHA and anti-acne nature, this foam cleanser can dry your skin out. Mine feels dry if i do not slather on my moisturizer immediately.
Now you may be thinking. “if your skin feels dry, how can you say it feels calming?”
I believe that is because of the Cellulose gum and Wintergreen extract. My skin did feels dry but my face doesn’t hurt. It doesn’t feels like it is cracking – it just feels dry only. Anyway, i didn’t want to stick around further to test the theory so i quickly reached for my moisturizer.
The foam cleanser did not effectively prevented new pimples from popping out. Trust me, i know. But it did a good job at keeping blackheads and congested pores at bay. Even if it did not effectively prevented new pimples from popping out, i have to say it does, however, accelerate the healing of these pimples. Remember my test with the Leaders Clinic Mediu Amino AC-Free Mask and Mamonde Lotus Micro Mud Mask? I am certain this foam cleanser do contribute to the results i see.
|Will i recommend it?||:||Yes, I love it! My sensitive skin loved it albeit the dryness.|
To this, Buddy says:
So to reiterate, i will be posting reviews for a series of products i have been testing and these includes:
COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser👌done!
- COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner
- D’Ran Wonder Tea Tree Oil
- Rosehip Plus Nourishing Night Cream
- Nature Republic Lemon Foot & Nature Peeling Foot Mask
14 thoughts on “Review: COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser (Product #1 of 5)”
I also been using this product from almost two months now. Good review, it’s interesting to know your point of view! I will also review it in my blog soon 😁
That’s cool! Can’t wait to hear how your review on this foam cleanser! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Interesting review! May I ask you some questions?
What type of skin do you have? Have you seen effective results after using it? My skin is reallly oily so Im thinking of buying this product.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Hi Andrea! Thank you for reading my review of the Salicylic Acid Cleanser! To begin, my skin is combination and is pretty prone to acne. I have been using the cleanser for a while and it really does help in calming any of the redness I have and reduces the occurrence of pimples – not completely, but it does help in a large way. 🙂
thank you for review. i’ve just got this recently on my trip when I forgot to bring along cleanser then I stopped at a cosmetics store and got one for me. my skin is super oil-based and acne-prone even in winter and the salegirl recommended this. i didn’t expect much because cosrx seemed a little strange to me. however, it did a good job beyond what i expected from such a brand. i didn’t bring any skincare products except from my toner and I got a pimple on my forehead. it started drying out and left within about 1 day since i used this cleanser (with makeup condition). it doesnt dry my skin and my makeup seems performing better since then. i love this product tbh.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Yay! So happy this COSRX cleanser worked for you as it did for me! 🙂 if you are dropping by the same shop anytime soon, their AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner is pretty rad too! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Can you use this product every day? i just bought it yesterday but the instructions did not say nothing about it.
Hi Ailee, I am sorry I missed your question, I haven’t been online for a long while. Anyway, I hope you’ve gotten to know the usage of the COSRx exfoliating wash, if not, the answer is yes, you can use this everyday. 🙂