About 5 weeks ago, SEED & TREE approached me and asked if i would love to give some of their products a try. Needless to say, I said YES right away! After browsing through their website (SEED & TREE), i decided on these three items:
- Skin Mellow Cover Cushion SPF50+ PA+++ (because i am on a cushion streak!),
- The Premium Gold Renew Vital Cream (because that is the brand’s BESTSELLING item!) and,
- Angel Skin Whitening Snail Water Drop (because i wanted a moisturizer with snail slime yet in a light and refreshing texture)
and the brand generously agreed to my request and send the parcel my way.
Now, after having tried the BB cushion for several weeks, I think it is time for me to do a proper review of this very wonderful cushion with just one flaw (for me at least). Why do i say that? Read on to find out!
First, a little more about the brand:
And the product’s info and artwork from the brand:
And again, but in Chinese this time:
According to the brand, SEED & TREE Skin Mellow Cover Cushion is/has:
- Whitening and wrinkles repairing abilities
- Offers high UV protection
- Long lasting, hydrating and providing a radiant finishing
- Highly recommended for: Normal, Dry and Combination skin users
- 5 dimensions (highest to lowest): Moisture, adherence, durability, radiance/glow, coverage
- Main ingredients (featured): Adenosine, Niacinamide, Trehalose, Black bean Complex (Patent no. 1-0281011), Snow Lotus extract (Patent no. 10-0561036), Hydrolyzed Rice extract (Patent no. 10-0523549), Royal Jelly, plant-derived Squalane, Ceramide 3, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Licorice Root, Camellia Flower, Brazil nut oil, Aloe Vera, Coconut fruit, Babassu seed oil, Sodium Hyaluronate
Below is my experience with the cushion:
Roaring view for [SEED & TREE Skin Mellow Cover Cushion SPF50+ PA+++]:
|Product’s packaging||:||Round compact container with a smooth-surface cover|
|Product’s texture||:||Smooth, lightweight BB liquid|
|Product’s scent||:||At first whiff, it reminded me of milk tea but subsequently, it smells really sweet. Too sweet actually.|
|Price point||:||Products were kindly sponsored by the kind folks at SEED & TREE; however, recommended retail price for the BB cushion is ₩32,000/15g|
|Try-out period||:||Daily for the past 3 weeks|
|Personal take||:||First off, although this cushion was provided to me by the brand, I thoroughly enjoyed using the cushion because of its excellent coverage and durability against humid weather (like Singapore!). Also, its moisturizing content means that it kept the skin hydrated throughout the day. Even the slightly drier cheek area were also decently covered without cracking or flaking.
On a good day, I could wear the cushion 8-10 hours before i start noticing the usual patchiness you would see towards the end of the day. With its medium but buildable coverage, i only needed one layer and maybe just a few more gentle pats over my dark circles for the desirable “look”. My skin didn’t feel dry nor tight and the sweet scent of the bb liquid dissipates into a faint, lingering scent that is not overwhelming to the nose.
Although the coverage and the durability of this cushion is commendable, I take issue with its air puff applicator. You know how the applicator for Laneige, Sulwhasoo, Missha, Etude House and Innisfree are? The one by SEED & TREE feels a little…latex-y? Rubbery? I cannot really explain it in words but i just prefer my puff to be a lot softer than this. BUT not to worry because the puff is still usable and is able to provide a smooth and even finishing – like the one in the pictures above. Like i said, i just very much prefer my puff to be a lot softer instead.
|Will i recommend it?||:||Yes, because just look at the finishing of this bb cushion in the pictures above. I like!|
To this, Buddy says:
I totally prefer soft applicators as well but this cushion looks really interesting 🙂 You can always buy another puff for it so that should not be what is preventing me from buying it. I just bought the STYLE71 Natural Whitening Cushion Plus in the art collection special jewelry edition with pretty gems and owls 😉 I am so curious to see if that will work for me and I will post it on my blog after I have tried it out for a while as well 🙂 Love your blog as usual! Have a great week 🙂
Thank you 😊 I will be looking forward to your review on STYLE71 too! That bejeweled cushion looks pretty!
LikeLiked by 1 person
OMG, I just discovered your blog and your reviews are so detailed XD. Love it! I want to try this cushion so bad but I’m pooorrr. Anyway, keep up with your fantastic reviews (^.^)/*
Hi hi! So sorry i missed your feedback, but thank you so much for your compliment! 🙂 I hope you will get to try the cushions of your choice sooooon! 🙂
Reblogged this on RegularLee.
LikeLiked by 1 person