Guys, stop drinking your beer and start applying it over your skin! Who knew that besides tasting yummy, the main ingredients in the Carlsberg lager (barley, hops and yeast) are super nutritious for the skin and hair.
According to the press release from the brand, the main ingredients that are found in the lager are rich in Vitamin B and Silicium – both of which are touted to have nutritious and beautifying properties for both hair and skin (they could have just asked and i would tell them that my skin looks super rosy after drink a jug or two!).
Designed for the gentlemen in mind, each product in the Beer Beauty series contains 0.5 litres of real Carlsberg beer. But guys, please, don’t drink it!
Carlsberg Brewmaster Erik Lund explains: “The beer is freeze-dried into a powder, and then mixed with organic ingredients in order to create a unique series of products: shampoo, conditioner and body lotion.” (Press release, 2015).
Also in the press release are some fun facts about men and grooming in the UK. They are:
• 65% of UK men are daily groomers. (that’s the way to go boys!)
• 98% of UK men grooms at least 1-2 times a week. (it should be a daily business actually)
• 58% of UK men spend more than 15GBP a month on grooming products
• 23% of UK men spend more than 35GBP a month on grooming products
• 40% of UK men use their girlfriends’/wives’ grooming products on a weekly basis (it’s okay to ‘borrow’)
• 43% of UK men who drink Carlsberg miss grooming products made especially for men
• 67% of UK men who drink Carlsberg would buy grooming products made from beer (who wouldn’t, right?)
The very limited edition Beer Beauty series will be available soon at po.st/BeerBeautyBuy. In the mean time, let’s take a sneak peek at these beer-tilicious inspired grooming products eh?
Just like what the brand advocates – Shower responsibly, groom responsibly! 🙂