Hello hello! 🙂
Thank you all for checking back for the other 4 products review which i have been trying and testing for a (long) while now. The first out of five products – COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser, has been reviewed in my earlier post. If you’ve missed it, you may check it out here.
Today, i will be introducing the second product out of 5; a clarifying toner that aids in skin turnover and balancing to achieve a healthy complexion. This toner is the AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner from COSRX. Let’s take a look!
Those of you who have been keeping up with my posts will know that i have a habit for introducing the backstory of the cosmetic brand i am featuring/reviewing. I have actually done one for COSRX in my earlier post, thus i won’t be doing one for this post. However, if you’d like to see the one for COSRX, do check it out here.
So without further ado, let’s take a look at the blurb of the toner i am reviewing:
If you notice, both Jolse and Wishtrend did not expand much on the brand’s use of Mineral Water, so i thought i’d do some researching and see why.
So here’s why:
- Mineral Water: Mineral water is naturally rich in magnesium, calcium and potassium that has positively charged molecules that exchange with enzymes in the skin to help reduce inflammation and sensitivity (source). Another highlight of using Mineral water is the presence of Silica. It can maintain the luster in our hair, the strength in our nails, the tone of the skin and help keep collagen and elastin fibers flexible and strong, thus resulting in a more youthful and taut skin (source 1, source 2).
And the other ingredients that stands out for me:
- Willow (Salix Alba) Bark: Willow Bark extract has astringent, anti-inflammatory, soothing and conditioning properties. The naturally occurring Salicylic Acid found in Willow Bark aids in skin exfoliation to keep pores clean and clear and prevent the clogging of pores. Willow Bark extract can also encourage skin turnover, revealing a clearer and healthier complexion (source).
- Apple (Pyrus Malus) Fruit: Apple Fruit extract has naturally occurring AHA (Malic Acid) which helps in exfoliation, reducing fine lines and wrinkles and even lightening of dark spots. Apple Fruit also contains high antioxidant and vitamins that helps improve overall health of the skin (source 1, source 2, source 3)
- Glycolic Acid: Arguably one of the most popular AHA commonly used for exfoliation as it has the smallest molecule size, thus able to penetrate deeper into the skin layers. This makes it even more effective for treating fine lines, wrinkles, acne, blackheads and dullness. Due to its nature of deeper skin exfoliation, Glycolic Acid also works on removing acne scars with remarkable results from many users (source 1, source 2).
You see, all the ingredients listed above are proven effective and does work their hocus pocus on several skin conditions, many of which I am currently experiencing.
Now let me share with you guys my experience with this toner:
Roaring view for [COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner]:
|Product’s packaging||:||Tall, translucent cylindrical plastic bottle with a black fine mist sprayer|
|Product’s texture||:||Clear, liquid texture|
|Product’s scent||:||Subtle scent with a slight tinge of sourness|
|Price point||:||USD$12.60 (total shipping cost to Singapore for 3 items is USD$8)|
|Wishtrend, Jolse, Amazon, eBay, TesterKorea, Qoo10 SG, COSRX|
|Try-out period||:||11 weeks (twice a day; morning and night)|
|Personal take||:||When i realize the toner comes in a spray nozzle, i wondered why didn’t the brand just let me spray it directly onto my face instead of using a cotton pad. Then it hit me. The exfoliating effect of this toner means that tiny little dry patches of dead skin cells may get dislodge as you swipe the cotton pad across the face and the cotton pad can just swipe it away there and then. Ah ha!
I love the clean feel it imparts to the skin after use. The skin does not feels dry nor suitably hydrated but that is okay. Clarifying and exfoliating are its primary functions. Hydration comes next.
During the (close to) 3 months i was using the toner, i noticed a significant reduction in the development of blackheads and whiteheads. I also observed that the next skin care product that you apply gets absorbed seemingly faster. As good as these effects are, this toner did not effectively prevent the eruption of hormonal/stress pimples. It does, however, prevent those tiny tiny little red bumps from getting worse. When I paired this COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner with the COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser and a pimple spot treatment, pimples DO heal very quickly. This is something very very important for someone like me who is very prone to pimples breaking out from time to time
Despite having a sensitive skin, this toner did not break me out further nor did it burn/sting my face. I really enjoyed using this toner!
|Will i recommend it?||:||Yes, absolutely!|
To this, Buddy says:
Okay, so this is the second product out of five that i have been trying out and will be posting my review in subsequent posts. The remaining three products which i will be posting a review includes:
COSRX Salicylic Acid Exfoliating Cleanser👌done! COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner👌done!
- D’Ran Wonder Tea Tree Oil
- Rosehip Plus Nourishing Night Cream
- Nature Republic Lemon Foot & Nature Peeling Foot Mask
8 thoughts on “Review: COSRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner (Product #2 of 5)”
After slowly adding korean skin care into my routine (recently I bought C21.5 serum–amazing!), I’m thinking about adding cosrx brand. Between Cosrx’s toner and acids (bha/aha), which one would you recommend to me first? Thank you so much!
(Also, I like reading your review; they are so informative)
LikeLiked by 1 person
Well, if you skin is on the acne-prone side, you’d want to get their BHA liquid as a treatment as that’s more of a acne fighting item. AHA will be more of a brightening and clarifying option. However, regardless of which one you choose, you should let both sit and gets absorb for a couple of minutes before using the Vitamin C serum 🙂
Hello! I read that you used this and it works even with your sensitive skin. I want to ask, what facial cleanser do you use this with? I also have a sensitive skin, but with combo and sometimes acne-prone too, and I’m looking for a good facial wash that’s not too harsh to go with this.
hi hi! I was using the Innisfree Jeju Bija Anti-trouble Cleansing Gel. It is still one of my personal favorite as it helps with calming the skin redness. The natural Salicylic acid in the formula also helps to combat minor zits too! It is in an acceptable pH level, making sure your acid mantle stays optimal and healthy. I highly recommend it!